Page 1 of 23Source
The Master’s Community Church statement of faith is based upon the Abstract of Principles, the founding document for the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. If one were to read the original Abstract of Principles and then read the statement of faith from the Master’s Community Church, they would certainly notice a high degree of correspondence (the original Abstract is at the end of this document for your comparison).
Yet, we have made a few alterations to the original Abstract; we have:
(1) Supplied Biblical references for each Roman-Numeral section
(2) Expanded the section on the Trinity (section III in the original Abstract) by giving each Person of the Godhead a specific Roman-Numeral section
(3) Modernized some of the language throughout the document (i.e. changing “thee” and “thou” to the modern pronoun “you”)
(4) Replacing the section on the Lord’s Day (section XVII in the original Abstract of Principles) to be in accord with the current Baptist Faith and Message 2000 statement on the Lord’s Day
(5) Added a section on “The Family” (section XXII), which was taken almost entirely from the Baptist Faith and Message 2000